Wednesday, June 2, 2010

the beginning

This will be where I record and document the happenings in my life. For the most part I will blog while traveling, as my day to day life probably isn't very exciting to an outsider. When in college I had the crazy idea to go to each continent at some point in my life. So far, I'm 1/7 of the way there. I had to start somewhere. My national travels started when I was a wee little gal in the western U.S. Aside from the western half of the country, I began venturing around by traveling to Washington, D.C. with a group of teachers, then to New York to work as a nanny for the summer. Over this past winter holiday break, I found myself in Hawaii and spring break led me to Mexico. Luckily, I have met my traveling buddy and will share many of my travels with him. My newest adventure will be exploring Africa for 6 1/2 weeks this summer. Keith and I leave in 28 days and ICANNOTWAIT.

For those of you that need a refresher, I give you....

my journey to date:

born to two fabulous peeps (and joining a fab sister) on Thanksgiving 1982.
love being a kid and growing up in a small town in central Idaho...have a perfect childhood.
graduate high school and go to college to become a teacher.
become a teacher.
move to north Idaho to teach.
teach 2nd grade.

....and there's my story. I have an amazing family and amazing friends and appreciate all of the support I am given....even if I'm a bit crazy.

4 comments:

  1. Merry - Amanda's mommieJune 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM

    I am excited about this new blog! Thanks for sharing your life. You are so right in all of the wonderful traits you have. Dad and I will be devout followers of your adventures. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda and Keith - take good care of one another. Brad and I will watch the history channel while you make history...can you bring me a rock from the mtn? a pocket sized one..DL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'll do my best to bring you a rock, Diane, but I'm not too keen on being in a Tanzanian jail so no promises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks for being my first commenter, Mom! I knew I could count on ya to give me some feedback. :) Love you, too.

    ReplyDelete